I worked for CASSCO for about 8 years. CASSCO was a construction company that specialized in the installation of warehouse material handling equipment. This includes: pallet rack, shelving, mezzanines, wire guidance systems, modular buildings, conveyor systems, and freight elevators.
With CASSCO, I managed crews of up to 6 workers on job sites. I was also the Lead Designer for the Mobile Mega Ramp Project for Thrillbilly’s Rodeo and Stunt Festival. The project was to make a portable ramp for BMX riders with the Thrillbilly Rodeo and Stunt Festival.
The Mega Ramp was made to perform the following functions:
- Be at least 30 feet tall at assembled height
- All major components must be able to fit onto a trailer in order to be hauled to events all over the western US
- The trailer and everything on it must be within legal hauling dimensions
- The ramp should include an intermediate height of about 15’ for amateur riders
- The ramp must be assembled or dissembled on-site in various locations with only a few hours, a couple of men, and little to no tools.